The Carmelites, a Roman Catholic Religious Order, came to the Falls in 1875. The first residence for the Carmelites was a simple farm house on the side of the escarpment across from the Shrine of Our Lady of Peace, overlooking Niagara Falls. This building was demolished around 1935 to make way for Portage Road. Construction on the present Monastery building began in 1894. The original purpose was to serve as a hospice and retreat centre.
Looking to add a touch of greenery to their historic grounds, the director of Mount Carmel in partnership with Lincoln Landscape reached out to Devron to find the perfect solution.
Seeing how their was a need for fencing on the Stanley avenue side of the building, it was a no-brainer to choose our Green Living Fences as the perfect product for the job. Even during the installation, multiple residents made the point to add their feedback, indicating how the fences were adding an extra touch of beauty to the site.
Please take a look below to see some of our photos of the installation. Stay tuned for pictures of the final result! Hop on to our social media and let us know what you think!